Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Lord Willing...

6-14-10
  This past weekend I spent at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Vancouver. It has been so very nice to get to know them better now that I am older. I don't remember much of them when I was younger...not really sure why...I guess they were just busy people, and we didn't really go visiting relatives.  Anyhow, it has been fun to hang out with them and learn family history and hear their stories. Saturday night we went to their neighbors to sit around a fire and talk. It was fun...very smoky, but fun. We finally got out of there and returned to their house to go to bed. I didn't sleep terribly well as I had alot on my mind with several different things that have been happening, and not happening, in my life. The next morning we got up bright and early for church and were joined by an old friend of theirs that I'd met once before.
  The service was wonderful and really hit home for me. It wasn't so much a new concept for me either, but a timely reminder. As soon as the pastor announced the passage he would be preaching from I found the place in my bible and realized that the first part of the passage was underlined...which means I either memorized it at one time or it held great importance to me...this didn't seem very strange since one of my favorite books is James...but after starting to read the passage I realized that the napkin in the back of the bible held the same passage along with a treasured note from a very dear friend of mine that had felt led to give me such cherished guidance over a year and a half ago while we were in San Miguel, Mexico. And once again these were the words I once again needed to hear. Who am I to make plans for myself without seeking God's guidance!? God will bring the right thing at the right time and I just have to trust Him and follow Him.
  I sometimes wonder why God has put me where I am. Everything has turned out so differently then I had originally imagined and nothing seems to happen or go the way I think it should. But the continual comfort to me is that He knows what He is doing and He has a plan for me that is far better than anything I could ever imagine! I only pray my step does not falter, but that I will carry on and seek Him in all things.

James 4:13-17
"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin."

No comments: