Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Preparations & More!

11-19-12

  I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post. I'm finding that pregnancy is far more tiring than I remember anyone ever telling me about! I've been sleeping at least 10 hrs a night and then sometimes I'll even take a nap after I get home from work! Thanksgiving day I'll begin week 9 of my pregnancy and still have yet to experience any "morning sickness", although I've had a few bouts of nausea that lasted an hour or two. This week the baby is the size of a raspberry and growing a millimeter a day. By week 9 (Tday) it will be the size of a green olive! I've has some really weird dreams, but that's apparently normal. My husband has been a real sweetheart and is so gentle, making sure that I have everything I need and am always comfortable. 
  We have 3 days until Thanksgiving and I've already started the preparations! My husband and I will be going up to his Aunt's for the holiday, with his brother and many other family members. With that thought in mind I've been thinking of all the things I need to make ahead and what I can take with me to make there. Today I'm being quite industrious by making a batch of Homemade Yogurt, 2 loaves of bread, and pie crusts. I'll also need to bake a pumpkin for pies later. The recipe I'll be including with this post is the bread recipe that I've been using. It isn't anything super special, but I like it and it is really easy to make and the ingredients are easily obtainable if I don't already have them on hand. I'm super excited to finally have a piece of buttered toast again! The first loaf I made was cubed and taken to a party at a friend's house for some delicious Swiss Cheese Fondue! Which was quite tasty. 
Happy Holiday and much Thanks!


Almond Loaf
Yields: 1 loaf

2-1/2 cups Almond Flour
1     cup  Dry Curd Cottage Cheese(DCCC), packed
3          Eggs
1/4   Tbsp Butter, melted
1     tsp  Baking Soda
1/4   tsp  Salt

Preheat Oven to 350^F.

1)  Grease 8x4 Pyrex loaf pan with butter. Dust bottom of pan with almond flour.
2)  In food processor blend DCCC, Eggs, melted Butter, Baking Soda, and Salt. Puree until smooth butter consistency.
3)  Add Almond Flour and blend until thoroughly combined. 
4)  Remove from food processor and shape into loaf in pan.
5)  Bake for about 1 hour @ 350^F. Cool on wire wrack. 

Original Recipe Link: http://www.scdrecipe.com/recipes-bread/

No comments: