Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 29: Hopes, Dreams And Plans I Have For The Next 365 Days

Well, I'm nearing the end of this challenge and this one as well as the last one are the two I've been least looking forward to. This is partly because I really have no idea what to write. I don't plan out my year, or months much anymore. There was a time in my life where I liked to have a decent plan for everything I did, but then I learned what it was to have God's Will for my life and it really changed my perspective. I still like to have a plan for somethings, like what I might or could be doing this weekend, or how my day may go. But if those plans don't work out I try my best not to fuss about it and just remember that they were just guidelines for the day and they got messed up, no big deal. At that time in my life before I had a definite plan, with a little leeway. I was going to graduate high school and then go to college the following fall to start my education to become an Accountant. I had chosen this profession for a number of different reasons. I love numbers, working with money amounts is one of the easiest number jobs...in my opinion, I figured I could work at a firm after I graduated with my degree and was certified, then if/when I got married I would still be able to work from home with a few clients if we so happened to need the extra income. Either way I figured the education would come in handy at some point, as my mother's had with my father's business. However, God had a different plan for my life and when I realized what He wanted me to do I realized how off base I'd been when making MY plans. I hadn't consulted God at all when it came to what to do with my life and even though I had everything planned out, it was nothing when it was compared to what God wanted me to do with my life. I now serve the elderly as an In-Home Caregiver. I love what I do and am very blessed through it. 
So my plans for the next 365 days is whatever the Lord leads me to do. I do have a few plans, but they are tentative...well sort of.  I'm flying to Michigan with my sister in 7 days to spend a week with some friends up there! We are so excited! And a friend of ours is getting married in Wisconsin in January so we are hoping to make it out there for that too! But that is pretty much it. I currently have a job as a 24-hour Live-In Caregiver. I don't know how long I will be here, but I have really grown to love this area and even after my job is done with this client I am with I certainly hope I might be able to stay in the area, if at all possible, for a little while at least. 
Oh! By the way, my client just turned 95 years young yesterday! What a blessing she is to all those around her!

No comments: