Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Beefy Stew and a Warm, Wet Fall

10-29-12

  Hey people! So this post features a recipe I used to make a delicious French Beef Stew. My client gave me the recipe when I told her that I had some stew meat and wanted to do something with it. We scoured her favorite cookbook until we found the recipe she'd been thinking of. I got home and adjusted a few ingredients, but was super excited to find out how it turned out. The next morning I got up an hour earlier and started chopping and dumping ingredients into my crockpot (shout out to my hubby here for his great foresight in getting it for me for Christmas last year; I use it a lot!). I had my hubby turn it down two hours later, as I was at work, and then I added some veggies after I got home from work. The stew spent a total of 10 hours in my crockpot and when we at it for dinner that night the meat with nice and tender and just fell apart on your fork, so yummy! With no further ado I have my recipe and the original recipe below. Happy Cooking!

French Beef Stew

3 lbs   Beef Stew Meat
3 cups  Chicken Stock
3       Onions, chopped
3 Tbsp  SCD Bread Crumbs(I used some from a "flop-loaf" I'd froze)
3 Tbsp  SCD Yogurt
2 cups  Carrots, chopped
5 stalk Celery, chopped

1)  Combine all ingredients (excluding carrots and celery) in slow cooker, mixing well.
2)  Cook on high for 2 hours; then turn down to low for at least another 4 hours.
3)  Add carrots and celery before 2 hours before finished cooking.
4)  Serve over "FauxTatoes" and enjoy!

Original Recipe:
2 lbs   Beef Stew Meat
2 cups  Beef Broth
2       Onions, chopped
2 Tbsp  Bread Crumbs
2 Tbsp  Tapioca
1 smCan Mushrooms

1)  Combine all ingredients in large baking dish. Mix well.
2)  Bake on 325^F for 4-5 hrs in covered dish.
3)  Serve over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
 

No comments: