Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall: Arriving in Style

10-1-12

  Today I welcomed fall with a wonderfully delicious Cinnamon Bun Muffin recipe. It made the house smell much like fall and the only thing missing was warm apple cider on the stove top. Sadly, the recipe makes only nine muffins, so I'll be making another batch before the evening is done. I've posted my version of the recipe at the bottom of this post. At the bottom of the recipe is a link to the original recipe from Elana's Pantry (http://www.elanaspantry.com/cinnamon-bun-muffins/). I find many of my recipes on her site and a couple of others (this will be very apparent as my posting progresses).
  I had my three month check up with my doctor today. It was probably the best doctor appointment I've ever had! She was very happy with the progress I've made on the diet (as am I) and how good I'm feeling. She was surprised to see how much weight I've lost, but is happy to see how well my body/gut is liking the diet. I went away feeling very confident about how well I'm doing and excited to continue on this journey to healing. 
  Another really neat thing, my father and eldest brother came up with a brine made of honey, salt, and water for smoking fish. I came home from a visit with some very delicious smoked tuna! yummy, yum, yum! I'm so very thankful for all the family and friends that are constantly supporting me in my dietary restrictions and finding ways to fix special things for me that I can have! 
  Happy Harvesting!

God Bless,
Kittydid



Cinnamon Bun Muffin
makes 9 muffins

Cinnamon Topping:
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Grapeseed Oil

1)  To make cinnamon topping, combine honey, cinnamon and oil in a small bowl
2)  Set mixture aside



Muffin Mixture: 
1  cup  Blanched Almond Flour 
2  Tbsp Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt 
1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil 
1/4 cup Honey
3       Eggs
1  Tbsp Vanilla Extract

1)  Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl
2)  In a large bowl blend together oil, honey, eggs and vanilla
3)  Blend dry ingredients into wet and scoop a scant 1/4 cup at a time into lined muffin cups
4)  Spoon topping onto muffins
5)  Bake muffins for 8-12 minutes at 350°. Cool on wire wracks.

Original Recipe Link: http://www.elanaspantry.com/cinnamon-bun-muffins/

No comments: