Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Yum, Yum, Avocado!

10-22-12

  I've met a lot of new people over the last couple weeks and have gotten to share the particulars of my diet. It is fun talking to other people about the restrictions I have and what I'm still able to eat and make in spite of how bleak it might look initially.  I've been on the diet 100% now for about 4 months, but had semi-started it beforehand. Over the last 6 months I've lost a grand total of 20 pounds! I've finally plateaued and I think this is probably my bodies healthy weight.
  This last Friday I made a "pasta" dish for dinner! The guys thought it was so good that they devoured every last bit of it and there were absolutely no left-overs (and it made a good sized batch too!). It came out pesto-like in flavor only with a strong avocado influence, making it quite superior to red sauce. The recipe I used this time around was just for a sauce, so I used a Spaghetti Squash for the noodles (so yummy). For enough sauce to cover a whole squash I tripled the recipe. So, without further ado, here is the newest recipe that I've tried!



Creamy Avocado Sauce
Yields: 2 servings

1  med.  Avocado, ripe and pitted
1  Tbsp  Lemon Juice (half lemon squeezed)
2 cloves Garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp  Salt
1/4 cup  Basil (recipe called for fresh, but I used dried)
2  Tbsp  Olive Oil
   Dash  Ground Black Pepper
2 Servings Cooked Pasta of Choice (zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash for scd)

1)  While pasta is cooking, place garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in blender. Blend until smooth. 
2)  Add avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3)  Pour sauce over drained, cooked pasta and toss until pasta is evenly coated with sauce. Garnish with black pepper and serve.

Original Recipe Link:  http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/

1 comment:

Mama said...

Wow Kate! You look fabulous! Good for you! Love ya!