Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Men's Test Kitchen

10-2-12

  Last night the guys (my husband and his younger brothers) decided that they wanted to make some homemade ice cream. So I spent much of the night searching for a recipe they could make with the food on hand and something I could also enjoy eating with them. This search led me to this Pinterest page. I found many delicious recipes, but settled on a Strawberry Sorbet (recipe at bottom of post).
  I'm super proud of the guys for learning to use the Ice Cream Machine for the first time and making the Sorbet all on their own. It is very yummy and something we will definitely be making again.
  My first "conversion" recipe is currently in the oven, so I'll be posting again when it is done and we have tasted it (later tonight or tomorrow).

God Bless!
Kittydid



Strawberry Sorbet

2-3 lbs  Strawberries (I used frozen strawberries)
1    cup Water
1    cup Honey
1/4 cup Lemon Juice

1)  Combine the honey and water in a saucepan and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to create a sweet syrup. Cool the syrup.
2)  Place the cleaned strawberries in a blender or food processor, and blend until the strawberries are pureed. (I added the other ingredients also to puree the strawberries easier)
3)  Combine the pureed strawberries, lemon juice, and the syrup, and blend well.
4)  Cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
5)  Add the mixture to an ice cream maker to make the sorbet.
6)  It will be somewhat soft, but completely delicious, or you can place it in the freezer for storage.


No comments: