Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's a Soupy Fall After All.

10-16-12

  Yesterday my Hubby and I went to the store and guess what I saw all over the store? Squashes! Of all different sizes, shapes, and colors! This is one of my favorite parts of fall, even more now that I know what each one is and can be used for.  We purchased some more Acorn squash, some spaghetti squash, butternut squash, and a pie pumpkin! I'm so excited to figure out how I want to use it all! 
  I used the first one for dinner last night and it was a real hit! I was so excited and it was my first time using this particular type of squash. So, below is my recipe for Butternut Squash Soup, and as usual I will have the link at the bottom to the original recipe. 

Always,
Kittydid


Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe says it Yeilds 4 servings, but I must have had a large squash or something, because I came out with 6-8 servings.

1       Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
1 Tbsp  Ground Ginger (called for ginger root, but I only had this)
6 cups  Chicken Stock
1/2     Onion, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Cardamom

Preheat Oven to 450^F

1)  Place squash, onion, ginger, and 2 cups Chicken stock in a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until squash is soft.
2)  Place pan contents in food processor with steel blade(I used my blender). Process mixture until smooth, gradually adding remaining stock, salt, and cardamom into puree.
3)  Reheat if necessary (I kept mine warm on low on the stove top until the guys got home).

Original Recipe Link:  http://www.scdiet.org/2recipes/veget02.html

No comments: