Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I Like Pizza! Pizza! Pizza! Pizza!

10-10-12

  I got back last night from two days with my In-laws in Eastern Oregon. It was lots of fun getting to see their new home and helping them unpack and settle in. I also got to spend some time getting to know my mother-in-law, which I really enjoyed and look forward to spending more time with her in the future. 
  The other night I made pizza for dinner. I used a very yummy recipe that I discovered early on in my diet. I've made it many times and the guys like it a lot! 

  This time around I experimented with cooking the crusts longer (browning them more) and freezing extra crusts. Both experiments worked well and I encountered no complications. So now, on to the recipe!


Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Makes 2(8-inch) crusts

1/2 head  Cauliflower
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp  Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1 clove  Garlic, crushed 
1/4 tsp  Sea Salt
1/2 Tbsp  Fresh Basil, chopped
1  Egg
2 Tbsp  Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp  Olive Oil (for brushing the tops)
1/2 tsp  Garlic Salt (for sprinkling on top)
* Any Desired Toppings

1)  Preheat oven to 450^F.
2)  Shred Cauliflower with cheese grater.
3)  Place in a steamer over an inch or two of water. Steam until just tender, but not fully cooked. (Do NOT let the cauliflower touch the water, it will make it soggy)
4)  Combine the cauliflower, cheese, garlic, salt, basil, egg, and flour in a bowl.
5)  Form 2 8-inch circles on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  
6)  Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.
7)  Bake for 15-20 mins (until brown)
8)  Let crust cool a little, then add toppings and broil for 5-6 mins. until cheese is melted.

Original Recipe Link: http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/03/07/meat-lovers-pizza-with-cauliflower-crust/ 

No comments: